Since 2003, Corp21 has worked with clients on utility and design patents in the US and abroad. Bert Vermeulen has also served as an expert witness in patent infringement cases. When needed, Corp21 works with patent attorneys and patent agents. Since 2010, we've had an over 95% success rate in getting the patent applications we've filed to be granted by the patent office. Bert Vermeulen is particularly skilled at:
- Helping inventors understand the patent process;
- Patent search to confirm the likelihood that patent claims will be granted;
- Acting as a sounding board to help inventors improve their inventions;
- Creating drawings that clearly illustrate how an invention works;
- Creating specifications that are detailed and complete;
- Writing claims that maximize coverage at minimum cost;
- Helping clients get their patents issued in a cost-effective manner; and
- Inventing unique solutions to technical problems.
The following are examples of issued patents in which Corp21 was involved in some part of the process.
Folding bikes. Here are examples of issued US patents for folding bicycles and the compact storage of bicycle wheels for which Bert Vermeulen was the inventor. Bikes based on these patents are on FarFold.com:
- US 9,440,486. System and method for packing spoked wheels for a human-powered vehicle.
- US 10,202,162. System for packing a human-powerable wheeled vehicle.
- US 10,392,072. System and method for packing a human-powerable wheeled vehicle.
- US 10,556,464. Spoked human-powerable vehicle wheel with user-removable hub and plurality of conical hub-to-annulus attachment elements.
Ballistic chain cutter. Here are examples of issued US patents, where Bert Vermeulen was both a co-inventor and consultant. The client for this project was Breaching Technologies.
- US 9,440,486. Ballistic system and method for cutting a multi-link metal chain.
- US RE47,850. Ballistic system and method for cutting a multi-link metal chain.
Towing mirrors. Here are examples of issued utility and design patents in the US, Canada, and European Union. In this case, Corp21 worked with Kilpatrick Townsend to get multi-country coverage for the Tow-N-See mirror developed and commercialized by John Vander Horst and subsequently licensed to Camco Manufacturing in the USA and to Pyramid in the UK as the Suck it & See Caravan Towing Mirror.
- US 7,150,538. US utility patent.
- US D528,952. US design patent.
- CA 2,513,941. Canadian utility patent.
- European Design Patent.
Wastewater probes. Here are examples of issued US and Canadian utility patents for anti-fouling probes for recreational vehicle wastewater tanks. In this case, Corp21 wrote the US patent application and Kilpatrick Townsend managed the process for getting the Canadian patent. These probes were developed and commercialized by John Vander Horst and subsequently licensed to Valterra for sale in both the OEM and aftermarket.
- US 8,410,948. Recreational vehicle holding tank sensor probe. (US Patent)
- CA 2,665,827. Recreational vehicle holding tank sensor probe. (Canadian Patent)
Other RV wastewater measurement techniques. Corp21 wrote the following patent applications for John Vander Horst and helped him file these "pro se" as the inventor. These are alternative ways of measuring wastewater levels in recreational vehicle holding tanks. One of these, is the Horst Miracle Gauge which is currently being commercialized.
- US 7,389,688. Indirect liquid level measurement.
- US 9,134,163. Multi-tank indirect liquid-level measurement.
- US 9,534,945. Rotary valve multi-tank indirect liquid level measurement system and method for wastewater tanks in a recreational vehicle.
- US 9,797,761. Recreational vehicle wastewater tank measurement system and method.
Design Patents. Corp21 helped the following inventors create the illustrations and file the paperwork "pro se" as inventors for these innovative product designs.
- US D583,361. Earphone cover. Inventor: Bob Sodetz.
- US D869,187. Counter-balancing ergonomic body wedge device. Inventor: Jimmy Markel.
Motion analysis. Corp21 worked closely with Neuvatek on the IP strategy and patent application process for a 3D mouse and family of devices branded as Axelo and Hexafit, including the following issued patents.
- US 7,683,883. 3D mouse and game controller based on spherical coordinates system and system for use.
- US 8,325,158. Wireless hand-held electronic device for manipulating an object on a display.
- US 9,317,108. Hand-held wireless electronic device with accelerometer for internacting with a display.
- US 9,900,669. Wireless motion sensor system and method.
- US 10,433,033. Wireless motion sensor system and method.
Process monitoring. Corp21 worked with FLOWatch to patent their web-based asset management, data tracking, and compliance management/reporting platform which resulted in the following issued patents.
- US 8,468,461. Form-based user-configurable processing plant management system and method.
- US 9,524,285. Stream flow chemical process information system and method.
Image processing, and much more. Corp21 worked with MindAptiv to patent the functionalities included in their Essence Platform™. Here are patents that have been issued, with others pending.
- US 10,037,592. Digital quaternion logarithm signal processing system and method for images and other data types.
- US 10,846,821. Digital gradient signal processing system and method for video signals.
Water Treatment Instrumentation. Corp21 worked with Roger Jorden of Clear Corp and Kilpatrick Townsend to help patent innovative intrumentation for floc monitoring of water treatment processes including a Floc Monitor and RoboJar. To date, the following patents have issued, with others pending.
- US 8,506,799. System and method for analyzing water samples in a water processing facility.
- US 9,618,438. Suspended particle characterization system for a water processing facility.
- US 10,338,631. System for automated water sample jar testing.
Security Locks. Corp21 and Neuvatek have worked with Joseph Hage at T5tek to develop and patent innovative security systems for movable freight containers, including the following issued patents, as well as others that are pending.
- US 10,267,061. Locking system and method for a movable freight container.
- US 10,713,613. Redundant wireless electronic motor vehicle chassis monitoring network.
Impact Reduction in Sports. Corp21 worked with Dr. Wes Krueger's Body Shield LLC company and Kilpatrick Townsend on the following utility patents for impact reduction in sports.
- US 7,917,972. Inflatable air recoil suppressor.
- US 8,347,421. Impact reduction system.
- US 8,713,716. Impact reduction system.
- US 9,451,795. Impact reduction system.
- US 10,716,469. Ocular-performance-based head impact measurement applied to rotationally-engered impact mitigation systems and methods.
Spatial disorientation. Corp21 worked with Dr. Wes Krueger's Vision Guard LLC company and Kilpatrick Townsend on the following utility patents for systems and methods that mitigate spatial disorientation, motion sickness, vertigo, and related ailments.
- US 8,690,750. System and method for measuring and minimizing the effects of vertigo, motion sickness, motion intolerance, and/or spatial disorientation.
- US 9,080,868. Mechanical and fluid system and method for the prevention and control of motion sickness, motion-induced visiobn sickness, and other variations of spatial disorientation and vertigo.
- US 9,298,985. Physiological biosensor system and method for controlling a vehicle or powered equipment.
- US 9,994,228. Systems and methods for controlling a vehicle or device in response to a measured human response to a provocative environment.
- US 10,099,030. Mechanical and fluid system and method for the prevention and control of motion sickness, motion-induced visiobn sickness, and other variations of spatial disorientation and vertigo.
Vestibular Ocular Reflex. Corp21 worked with Dr. Wes Krueger's EyeTrac LLC company and Kilpatrick Townsend on the following utility patents for systems and methods for using eye tracking and head tracking to measure human performance in a non-clinical setting.
- US 9,370,302. System and method for the measurement of vestibulo-ocular reflex to improve human performance in an occupational environment.
- US 9,788,714. System and methods using virtual reality or augmented reality environments for the measurement and/or improvement of human vestibulo-ocular performance.
- US 10,231,614. System and methods using virtual reality, augmented reality, and/or synthetic 3-dimensional information for the measurement of human ocular performance.
- US 10,602,927. Ocular-performance-based head impact measurement using a faceguard.
Magnetic Belt. Corp21 helped Devin O'Neil and his associates at MagBelt obtain the following utility patent for their highly successful infinitely adjustable waist belt.
- US 9,907,345. Magnet and friction based infinitely variable strap tightening system and method.
Hidden Door. Corp21 helped Hidden Doors by Design patent a hidden door with a 180-degree outswing.
- US 9,598,887. Hidden hinge door system and method for use in residential and commercial buildings.
Corp21 has also developed an Inventor's Kit that is available behind a password to help clients understand the patent process and prepare the documentation needed to apply for a patent.
Note: If you are having trouble trying to download and save any of the patents on this page on your own computer, right click on the document you want and select "Save Target As...".
|© 2002-2021, Corp21. All rights reserved.|