CLIENTS AND PROJECTS
The following is a listing of some of the clients that Corp21 has worked with since 2002 and descriptions of projects done for these clients (clients listed in alphabetical order).
Asperon® (Palo Alto, California) developed software for quickly creating web applications with real-time interactivity. Corp21 worked with Asperon® in 2002-2003 by:
- Acting as a business advisor to John Kucera, the founder.
- Refining the marketing plan and key marketing materials.
Horst Dynamics (Englewood, Colorado) developed and commercialized the Tow-N-See mirror and sold this business to Camco Manufacturing and the Horst Miracle Probes and sold this business to Valterra Products. They are now commercializing the Horst Miracle Gauge. Corp21 has worked with John Vander Horst, the inventor/entrepreneur for these products since November 2002. Key contributions include:
- Product development sounding board;
- Patent & trademark development and management;
- Creating and managing the Tow-N-See website;
- US and international component sourcing; and
- Consultation on agreements to sell the Tow-N-See and Horst Miracle Probes businesses.
JHB International (Denver, Colorado) was a major distributor and marketer of sewing buttons that was founded by Mrs. Jean H. Barr in 1974 and subsequently passed on to her son, Jay Barr. The company owned the domain name buttons.com and distributed its products through major retailers like JoAnn Fabric and Crafts and Hancock Fabrics. JHB was sold to Blumenthal Lansing in 2014. Corp21 worked with JHB from 2006 to 2012 on the following projects:
- Improving internal business processes and software;
- Optimizing order cycles and inventory;
- Pricing strategies; and
- Cost structure.
MyEstatemanager™ (Castle Rock, Colorado) developed resources and a website to help plan, prepare for, and manage the loss of a loved one. Corp21 worked with MyEstateManager™ from 2008 to 2014 by:
- Providing project and operations management services;
- Helping with search engine optimization; and
- Recruiting key talent.
Schouenberg and Partners (Tiel, the Netherlands) created CalcMaster®, an accurate and easy-to-use program for calculating plastic mold and part costs. Corp21 helped to sell this product in the USA from 2004 to 2007.
Selected Services (Vienna, Austria) created pool4tool, in 2002 as an internet application for esourcing, project management and contact management. This business has now merged with Jaggaer. Corp21 helped Selected Services in 2002 to 2004 by:
- Advising Thomas Dieringer, the founder.
- Marketing Pool4Tool in the US.
SnapMonkey (Denver, Colorado) was created by Rita Wilhelm, a serial entrepreneur in 2003 to simplify the process for creating small e-commerce websites. Corp21 has worked intermittently with Rita since 2004 on a variety of entrepreneurial projects.
What's Cooking Software (Fort Collins, Colorado) was started as a meal prep business called Meals Made Easy by Lynda Byrnes in 2003. In 2004, Lynda's husband (Jim Pelichowski) wrote the software to run this business. Between 2004 and 2010, Corp21 worked with Lynda, Jim, and other companies in this industry on the following:
- Creation of the Easy Meal Prep Association and website;
- Developing, selling, and supporting a suite of products and services to help other meal prep businesses get started; and
- Creating and running industry conferences; and
- Serving as the main consultant to this industry, which at its peak, had over 1,800 businesses.
CONSULTANTS [back to top]
The following are examples of other consultants in Corp21's network.
- Pat Adamson, Adamson Consulting, has been President and Chief Technical Officer for four startup companies. He now works as a temporary CEO, intellectual property strategist, product developer, safety mark compliance officer, Chinese manufacturing outsourcer, and EMC (electromagnetic compatibilities / remedies) specialist.
- John Boose. Strategic Leadership Group. John is president of a multi-disciplinary group of former senior HP managers who now help companies (from startups to Fortune 500 firms) with business planning and implementation. The Strategic Leadership Group is located in Loveland, Colorado.
- Hank Carabelli. Connectworks LLC. Hank is a highly experienced CEO and consultant who does a great job for all of his clients. He is located in Castle Rock, Colorado.
- John Farnbach. Silver Streak Partners.. John helps emerging, innovation-driven companies improve their product development processes and organization. John has extensive R&D management experience. Silver Streak is located in Boulder, Colorado.
- Deborah Henken. Highland Team. Deborah is an experienced VP of marketing with expertise in segmentation, positioning, channel strategies, awareness programs, demand creation, and customer retention programs. She is located in Silicon Valley.
- Mike Levy. Mike is an experienced HP software R&D lab manager. He provides software development consulting to Fortune 500 companies and was co-founder of NorthernColoradoRentals.com. Mke is located in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Steve Mezak. Accelerance. Steve is an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for web-based software companies. He has a network of programmers around the world that he uses to get software projects finished quickly and cost-effectively. Steve is located in Silicon Valley.
- Rich Mironov. Mironov Consulting. Rich is an experienced product marketing strategist. He writes a newsletter to which you can subscribe. His site contains many product marketing tools that you can download. Rich is located in Portland, Oregon.
- Rita Wilhelm. SnapMonkey.com. Rita is an experienced serial entrepreneur who provides small business consulting. She has recently started SnapMonkey.com, an easy-to-use site for creating and managing your own ecommerce web application. Rita is located in Denver, Colorado.
- Jim Wilkinson. Veritek. Jim brings over 25 years of experience helping companies save money through improved product design, manufacturing processes, and quality. His focus is on practical applications. He has an extensive rapid prototype and intellectual property background. Veritek is located in Laramie, Wyoming.
ORGANIZATIONS [back to top]
The following are examples of organizations for entrepreneurs that Corp21 has been involved with.
- The DaVinci Institute is an organization that "unlocks your future, one idea, one invention, one business at a time." Tom Frey is the futurist behind this organization. This organization is located in the Denver, Colorado, area.
- In February 2005, Corp21 participated in DEMO, the premier launch pad for emerging technologies, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- The Rockies Venture Club host events in Colorado to bring entrepreneurs together with funding sources.
- The SD Forum is a networking organization for emerging technology businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area with over twenty events per month based on various technology interest groups.
|© 2002-2021, Corp21. All rights reserved.|